REVIEW: Water by Terra Harmony


Author: Terra Harmony
Title: Water (Akasha #1)
Date Published: 9/27/11
Source: Author

Synopsis:
All of the elemental powers are in the palm of her hand…and it won't be enough to save her. When Kaitlyn Alder is involuntarily introduced to a life of magic, she becomes part of an organization hell-bent on saving the Earth. Just as her new-found life holds promises of purpose, romance, and friendship, the organization divides and a rogue member holds Kaitlyn hostage. Now one of the most terrifying men the human race has to offer stands between her and Earth's survival. 

My Rating:


My Review:
Warning: This book is probably not for the faint of heart, due to non-consensual sexual encounters. 

Where to even begin? I absolutely loved this book. From the very first scene Terra Harmony keeps us on the edge of our seats. 

Kaitlyn is a Kick A** Heroine! No matter what situation she is faced with she is determined to prevail. Even in the darkest hour for her she is still planning instead of just rolling over and giving up. I absolutely love that about her. Her sarcasm and spunk lead to some hilarious moments. 

Micah. Boy oh boy, I absolutely loved Micah. Even in his jerky moments I still had a soft spot for him, much like Kaitlyn. And that is one of the main reasons I feel so strongly about this book. When I feel I am pulled into a book and experience emotions like the characters do, then I know the author has done a fantastic job. 

This is a fast paced, action packed book with one steamy romance and underlying lessons about our eco-system that you wont even be aware your learning. 

Note: I am already in possesion of book #2 Air. Be on the lookout for the review in the next week or so.

Also: I have an interview with Terra Harmony here.


Post a Comment

5 Comments

  1. Woo-hoo! Thank you, Cami, for the great review! You are a reading machine so a 5 star from you means so much to me! Hope you like Air just as much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thank you. My pleasure. It's true. I do read a lot and of 1,432 ratings on Goodreads my average is 3.69. So 5*'s is saying something from me!

    Cant wait to read and review Air for you and eventually Fire and Earth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this book, I just really need to read it! It sounds really good and I love dystopian books.
    Janiera @This is From my Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover and synopsis peeked my interest, but your review sold me. I will be getting this book!
    Is this book classified YA or adult?
    Do you think it's appropriate for a 12 or 14 year old? Wondering as you mention it has sexual scenes. Then again, most YA books do these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book is definitely paranormal romance and not young adult. The scenes in YA are usually mild and sweet in nature.
    That is definitely not the case for some of the sexual scenes in this story. They are graphic and violent.
    It's a great book, but I think it should definitely be for an older audience. ; )

    ReplyDelete