Wednesday, May 30, 2012

REVIEW / AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT - If You Were Mine by Bella Andre

Title: If You Were Mine (Sullivan's #5)
Author: Bella Andre
Date Published: 5/24/12


Synopsis:
The last thing Zach Sullivan wants is to take care of his brother's new puppy for two weeks. Until he meets the dog trainer, that is. Heather is bright, beautiful, and he can't stop thinking about her. Unfortunately, she just might be the only woman on earth who wants nothing to do with him.




Heather Linsey can't believe she's stuck working with one of the city’s top dogs, auto-shop mogul Zach Sullivan. Especially when his focus is clear from the start—not only to learn how to deal with his temporary puppy...but also to make her his. Having sworn off love at seventeen when she realized it was nothing more than a pack of lies, Heather has stuck to her vow never to fall for a charming man. The last thing she expects is for Zach to be the one to tempt her into believing again.




But as Heather's determination to push Zach away only fuels his determination to get closer—and the sensual and emotional connection between them grows more and more undeniable—can two people who've both sworn off love find forever in each other's arms?


My Rating:


My Review:
I am a huge fan of Bella Andre! I have enjoyed every one of these Sullivan books to date and this one was no different.


Heather has never given love a chance. Having grown up in a family where love was just an illusion, she had her view of love shattered at a young age.


Zach is a lady's man. Rich and Good looking, he never has problems finding willing women to share his bed with no strings attached.


Upon his first meeting with Heather, Zach knows there is something different about her. No woman has ever got to him the way she does. Problem... Heather's view on relationships is even more skewed than his own. Zach must prove to him they are nothing like his parents.


I loved the subtle changes in Zach. I felt like his fall into love was a smooth and steady one. He was not afraid to let his feelings be known once he had them. The chemistry between him and Heather was great. This is one of those book couples you route for the whole time. I had tears in my eyes at points. I loved that Zach's story gave us more insight into Jack Sullivan.


The added bonus of reading about the dogs, Cuddles and Atlas, was great. I loved their relationship with each other it sounded like one of those email strings of pictures with odd "best friends" in the animal world. Too cute!


Can not wait for #6!


Meet Bella Andre:

Bella Andre has always been a writer. Songs came first, and then non-fiction books, but as soon as she started writing her first romance novel, she knew she'd found her perfect career. Known for "sensual, empowered stories enveloped in heady romance" (Publisher's Weekly) about sizzling alpha heroes and the strong women they'll love forever, many of her 20+ titles have appeared on Top 20 bestseller lists, including THE LOOK OF LOVE (The Sullivans #1), FROM THIS MOMENT ON (The Sullivans #2), CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE (The Sullivans #3), I ONLY HAVE EYES FOR YOU (The Sullivans #4), GAME FOR LOVE (Bad Boys of Football #3), CANDY STORE, and LOVE ME.
 
Her books have been Cosmopolitan Magazine Red Hot Reads twice (GAME FOR ANYTHING and WILD HEAT) and have been translated into German, Thai, Japanese, Italian, Spanish, French, Portuguese and Ukrainian. NEVER TOO HOT won the Award of Excellence in 2011. The Washington Post has called her "One of the top digital writers in America" and she has been featured on NPR, Forbes.com and in The Wall Street Journal.
 
If not behind her computer, you can find her reading her favorite authors, hiking, knitting, or laughing. Married with two children, Bella splits her time between the Northern California wine country and a 100 year old log cabin in the Adirondacks.




Start Interview:


Is There a Message in Your Novel That You Want Readers to Grasp?
 
The Beatles sang it best, didn't they? All You Need Is Love.
 
Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
 
My stories are almost always about two people who love each other, but don't believe they can be together because of their fears, their beliefs, and/or the secrets they are keeping from each other...and themselves. I don't usually write plots with a villain or a natural disaster - it's really all about the characters learning to trust each other as they  resolve their issues. Just like it can be difficult to fix those problems in real life, it can be hard to work through them with my characters in a book. As I like to joke, I spend a lot of time "weeping over my keyboard" as my heroes and heroines fall in love. My husband just laughs when he walks by my home office and sees me sitting there with tears in my eyes, typing as fast as I can.
 
How many books have you written and which is your favorite?
 
I've written sixteen books as Bella Andre and the a seventeenth, IF YOU WERE MINE (The Sullivans #5) will be released May 24th. My favorite book is usually the one I'm working on right now so I'm currently in love with Zach Sullivan (the star of IF YOU WERE MINE) and Ryan Sullivan, whose book I'm working on for a fall release.
 
I also have a special spot in my heart for CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE, the third book in my Sullivans series.  Gabe, my firefighter hero who falls for a single mom Megan Harris. Unlike Nicola, my pop star heroine in FROM THIS MOMENT ON, (The Sullivans #2),  Megan Harris is just a typical woman - an accountant - with a daughter to care for. I also have a daughter and pulled from a lot of my own experiences to create her.
 
 
If You had the chance to cast your main character from Hollywood today, who would you pick and why?
 
I play around with casting my characters all the time, and if you asked me the same question every week, I'm sure the answer would change. I've said before that Kate Winslet would be the perfect heroine as Megan Harris, single mother and accountant from CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE and that's because she's refreshing and pretty and smart, but not someone who has time to primp. Marcus from FROM THIS MOMENT ON is winery owner and entrepreneuer, as well as the oldest Sullivan who helped take care of his seven siblings when their father died suddenly. Clive Owen is the right guy to play a ruggedly handsome head of the family.
 
When did you begin writing?
 
I've been telling stories in my head forever, and I also got my start as a songwriter, touring the world for ten years with my guitar and piano. And then one day, two characters started having a conversation in my head, so I wrote it down. J
 
How long did it take to complete your first book?
 
A few months. I'm a fairly fast writer for the first draft, but I do a lot of revision on every book. Sometimes revising the book can take as long as writing it did.
 
Did you have an author who inspired you to become a writer?
 
I'm inspired by a lot of writers but it was my college roommate, author Jami Alden, who convinced me to join Romance Writers of America. I've never looked back.
 
What is your favorite part of the writing process?
 
Falling in love with my characters, which happens once I get to the meat of the writing where I'm actually typing scenes.
 
Describe your latest book in 4 words.
 
I ONLY HAVE EYES FOR YOU (The Sullivans #4) can be described as "Nice Girl Goes Naughty."
 
IF YOU WERE MINE (The Sullivans #5) is "Hot Guy Falls HARD"
 
 
Can you share a little bit about your current work or what is in the future for your writing?
 
 
I'm just releasing book #5 of The Sullivans, Zach's story in IF YOU WERE MINE. Zach is the perennial bachelor of the Sullivans who has watched his siblings fall in love one by one while swearing it won't happen to him. When he does fall, it's wonderful to watch. Plus there is a Yorkie puppy and a Great Dane in the book - what's more fun than writing scenes with dogs?
 
Ryan Sullivan's love story - LET ME BE THE ONE - will be out this fall. Smith Sullivan, the movie star, will get his romance this Christmas.
 
 
Please list the following if you would like them included on my blog:
 
Don't Miss Out! Read the complete Sullivan's Series in Order! Links to Purchase: 

Amazon:
The Look of Love - Sullivan's #1
From This Moment On - Sullivan's #2
Can't Help Falling In Love - Sullivan's #3
I Only Have Eyes For You - Sullivan's #4
If You Were Mine - Sullivan's #5

 
B&N:
The Look of Love - Sullivan's #1
From This Moment On - Sullivan's #2
Can't Help Falling In Love - Sullivan's #3
I Only Have Eyes For You - Sullivan's #4
If You Were Mine - Sullivan's #5
 



THE LOOK OF LOVE (Sullivans #1) ~ KindleNookKoboSmashwords
FROM THIS MOMENT ON (Sullivans #2) ~ KindleNookAppleKoboSmashwords
CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE (Sullivans #3) ~ KindleNookAppleKoboSmashwords
Sign up for my newsletter for upcoming release info!
 

1 comment:

Kate OMara said...

Love your blog and I’m passing my Versatile Blogger Award on to you. You can find more details on my website at http://whenkateblogs.blogspot.com/
Congratulations and don’t forget to pass the award on to 15 more versatile bloggers!

Post a Comment