REVIEW: Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally

Title: Catching Jordan
Author: Miranda Kenneally
Date Published: 12/1/2011


Synopsis:
What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though-she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys, and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university. But now there's a new guy in town who threatens her starting position... suddenly she's hoping he'll see her as more than just a teammate.


My Rating:



My Review:
I am a huge fan of Sports Romances. So why not a High School Sports Romance? And when the Female Lead plays a sport too? Hey, what's not to like.

I loved how great of a leader Jordan was in this book. I thought the way that the team really stood behind her and were so protective of her was amazing. The supporting male characters in this book really shine through. They aren't lost in the pages. They each have their own personalities but are so very in tune with their emotions when it came to Jordan.

Ty was an Amazing Male lead in this book. I'm still a little thrown by the ending. It actually ended how I thought it should in the end, but from reading it, I never would have thought it would get to where it did. 

All in all a great Young Adult story with themes of female equality, and a number of high school issues. I felt this story was very real in the aspect of how high school kids really are. Miranda Kenneally really did a great job of not sugar coating things!

Post a Comment

1 Comments