Sunday, May 20, 2012

REVIEW: Dirty Blood By Heather Hildenbrand



Title: Dirty Blood (Dirty Blood #1)
Author: Heather Hildenbrand
Date Published: 4/28/11


Synopsis:
I killed a girl last night. I did it with my bare hands and an old piece of pipe I found lying next to the dumpster. But that’s not the part that got me. The part that scared me, the part I can’t seem to wrap my head around and still has me reeling, was that when she charged me, her body shifted – and then she was a wolf. All snapping teeth and extended claws. But by the time I stood over her lifeless body, she was a girl again. That’s about the time I went into shock… And that was the moment he showed up.


Now, all I can do is accept the truths that are staring me in the face. One, Werewolves do exist. And Two, I was born to kill them.




My Rating:



My Review:

Tara is a great heroine! I love how she is just as in the dark about what is going on as we are. I love seeing revelations through the characters eyes from the beginning.


This story is action packed from the get-go. Tara has to literally fight for her life against a girl who attacks her. 


I love how independent and stubborn Tara is. She does not deal well with commands and does things her own way, even if the way she does them puts her life in even more danger.... ooops. 


The connection between Tara and Wes is evident from the start. This was one of the teen romances I become consumed with. I fell for Wes right along with Tara. He is hot, protective, and so very alpha!


If you are looking for a fast paced and action packed YA Paranormal read then this is definitely a great pick! 

No comments:

Post a Comment