Tuesday, July 3, 2012

(ARC) REVIEW: Silver by Talia Vance


Title: Silver
Author: Talia Vance
Date to be Published: 9/8/12

Synopsis:
An Irish heritage, Celtic myth, and deadly beauty


In eighth grade, Brianna did something so dreadful she was suspended and homeschooled. No one could explain what happened that night . . . except Brianna's Irish grandmother, who gave her a silver charm bracelet and told her to wear it until she turned seventeen. Ever since she slipped it on, Brianna has felt like she's invisible. People stare right past her as if she doesn't exist. And that includes Blake Williams, the one boy she can't resist.


But everything changes in one frozen, silver moment when Blake sees her--and recognizes what she's been hiding. Brianna is descended from Danu, the legendary Bandia of Celtic myth. Yet before she can fully understand who or what she is, Brianna accidentally binds her soul to Blake--whose tribe has spent the last thousand years hunting Danu's descendants to protect humanity.

My Rating:


My Review:
I love it when I read a book that I don't feel is the same as everything I have read before. The use of the Irish myth of the Danu was great. Something I had never heard of and it definitely gave the story a unique spin.

I really liked Brie personality and the things she would "think" made me laugh. Then of course you had the guys in the story who were utterly confusing at times but so Sexy in their mysteriousness!

I'm not going to lie, there were parts in this story that I was either really confused or I found it very predictable. From one extreme to the other. But that being said, I dont feel like either of those things took away from the overall story. 

Fair warning, it will be hard to put this book down because you will be so curious to see how everything is going to unfold. And you will not be disappointed.


1 comment:

Megan@StuckOnReading said...

I really wanna read this, hurry up September...

Post a Comment