Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Author Spotlight: Alexia Purdy



Today's Featured Author is Alexia Purdy, Author of Ever-Shade.



Alexia Purdy resides in Las Vegas, Nevada. She spends every free moment writing or playing with her 4 rambunctious kids. She devours books daily; especially paranormal urban fantasies, and finds genre books to be irresistible. Alexia has been writing since she can remember, and loves creating paranormal urban fantasy and poetry. She also enjoys watching movies, dancing, singing loudly in the car, and Italian food. She is also the author of Reign of Blood, a dark post-apocalyptic vampire hunter series, and is currently working on the third book of the Dark Faerie Tale Series: Ever Winter. 





Is There a Message in Your Novel That You 
Want Readers to Grasp?
I think the message I did try to convey in Ever Shade was 
that you should believe in yourself, no matter what or who 
puts you down. Keep at it, get back up if you fall. No better 
way to go through life than getting back up.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in 
your writing?
Plotting and typing. I hate typing and I hate plotting. I never did 
outlines until my fourth book. I was a fly by the seat of my pants
 kind of gal. This backfired a few times when I’d get stuck. I am 
trying outlines this round of stories. I hope it helps. 

How many books have you written and which is your
 favorite?
I have completed 3 novels, 1 poetry collection and am 
working on 3 more novels. So far my favorite has got to 
be Ever Fire. I had fun writing it, it came to me easier than 
my other stories. I do hope when it comes out July 9th that 
everyone enjoys it as much as I enjoyed coming up with 
the storyline.

If You had the chance to cast your main character from 
Hollywood today, who would you pick and why?
Hmmm. For the Dark Faerie Tale Series, for Shade I would 
cast Natalie Portman for the lead, For the two main 
Characters Dylan and Soap (Rylan), I would pick 
Kit Harington for Dylan though he might be a tad short. 
And  for Soap, I’d pick Alex Pettyfer. Not really sure who 
else could play them, I don’t watch a lot of movies lately 
and all the actors I like are a bit too old now for the roles. 

When did you begin writing? 
I have been writing since I can remember. I seriously wrote 
a lot in high school and stopped for a long time until around 2010, 
I started it up again, figured it was time to fulfill my lifelong 
dream to be a writer.

How long did it take to complete your first book?
It took me six months to write Ever Shade and a whole 
other three months to edit, format and complete it. It was self-published 
for four months and then was pulled off for sale when it got picked up 
by a publisher. It finally was rereleased 8 months after I 
originally published it. It was a long road but well worth it.

Did you have an author who inspired you to become 
a writer?
I have a few. I credit Cassandra Clare, Alice Hoffman, 
Holly Black and Margaret Mitchell or giving me what I c
all my spark to write. Their stories are awesome and live 
on with me still


What is your favorite part of the writing process? 
I think my favorite part of the writing process is getting 
feedback from readers. They rock and their opinions 
matter to me. 

Describe your latest book in 4 words.
Ever Fire: Magic, Adventure, Love, Suspense

Can you share a little bit about your current work or 
what is in the future for your writing?
I am releasing Ever Fire July 9th, it is a continuation of Ever Shade,
 right where it left off. It follows Shade through familiarizing herself 
with her magic even more, finding out family secrets and enduring
 heartache and challenges that would kill most people, but it makes 
her stronger than ever.



Twitter: @AlexiaPurdy





Find my REVIEW of EverShade HERE

Links to Purchase: 







No comments:

Post a Comment