Wednesday, July 4, 2012

REVIEW: Family Magic by Patti Larsen


Title: Family Magic
Author: Patti Larsen
Date Published: 10/27/11


Synopsis:
Sixteen-year-old Sydlynn Hayle is the daughter of a powerful witch and a demon lord of the seventh plane. The trouble is, she just wants to be ordinary. Syd struggles to survive the minefield of her new high school while being torn between her attraction to football hero Brad Peters and the darkly mysterious Quaid Moromond. When her coven comes under attack, Syd is forced to face the fact only her power can save her family’s magic


My Rating: 3.5*'s




My Review:
Syd is very reluctant to embrace her destiny to be the next leader of her family's coven of witches. She has never felt like magic and everything that goes with it came naturally to her as it should. 


This story does not lack for secrets and revelations, but some of them were a bit predictable. 


I am very curious to see what happens with the mysterious Quaid. You never can figure out his true motives or intentions. I really think he is who would be great for Syd, if he's one of the good guys.


Sometimes you come across characters in books who just rub you the wrong way. Syd had the potential to be great, but the way she treated her mother and her blatant disregard for those around her at times really made me want to smack her. But even though she definitely had her faults, I still felt myself pulling for her, but hoping she would come to her senses sooner rather than later. 


I really liked this story and plan on reading the rest of the series. I have a feeling now that the introduction has been made, it will get even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment