Monday, July 2, 2012

REVIEW: Illumine by Alivia Anders


Title: Illumine
Author: Alivia Anders
Date Published: 1/7/12


Synopsis:
For the past five months Essallie Hanley has been trying to forget about the frightening murder of her boyfriend. Haunted by vivid nightmares and hallucinations of the event she does anything she can to pretend she's like every other normal girl in High School. 


Only Essallie is far from normal. Able to conjure blue fire and a shimmering silhouette of wings from her body, she seeks the only known solace left to her name; her first home in Belfast, Maine. 


But she soon realizes that her return home is only the beginning of a long and twisted road taking her as far from her humanity as possible, with Kayden, the demon originally summoned to slaughter her, leading the way. Unable to touch her but oddly curious, he joins Essallie in her search to find out just what she is. But neither of them were prepared for the secrets they've begun to unravel, secrets that will change Essallie and everyone around her forever.


My Rating:




My Review:
This story definitely wastes no time getting started. From the beginning it is very fast paced. 


You can't help but feel sorry for Essie. She is betrayed and doesn't know how she should feel about the events that just took place. The graphic nature of the scenes in this book, could prove to be a little much for some, but I personally thought it proved to add to the actual vividness of the story.


Kayden was by far my favorite character. I mean seriously, he was just so incredibly charming in his own demonic way. ; ) 


I love that while there is a cliffhanger of sorts letting you know that more is coming, it was not one of those ones that leaves you literally hanging with a HUGE question in your mind. 


I really think Alivia Anders shows great promise. I will definitely be reading more from her, starting with book #2 in this series!

1 comment:

Neyra said...

Great Review. I have this book on my Kindle PC, and I'm looking forward to it :)

Post a Comment