Wednesday, July 11, 2012

REVIEW: A Little Less Girl by Tess Oliver


Title: A Little Less Girl
Author: Tess Oliver
Date Published: 8/18/11


Synopsis:
Everything has always come easy to Jake West. But when Amy, the girl obsessed with him, commits suicide, the entire town of Raynesville is quick to blame Jake. Now Amy's cousin, Dani, has moved into town. And suddenly Jake has an obsession of his own.


Dani Spencer has always dreamed of a home and normal life. When her beloved cousin and grandmother die, her wild, impetuous mother inherits their house in Raynesville. With Amy's diary in hand, Dani intends on finding out what happened to her cousin. And there's an obvious place to start... Jake West, the guy who broke Amy's heart.


My Rating:




My Review:
The synopsis of this story drew me in. I didn't know what to expect, but I just knew I had to read it.


I was blown away by this story. I loved the dual POV's. Sometimes its great to get that in a YA book. It is more common in Adult books than YA, but I really like knowing what both characters are feeling.


I loved how nothing about this story was expected. Upon reading, I would get to a point where I was sure I knew what actually happened to Amy, but then something would happen to blow my theory out of the water. 


The relationship between Dani and Jake just felt so real. I was right along with her as she was determining whether Jake was responsible for her cousins death, as she was defending him to others, and as she was trying to find out what really happened.


This was a great spin on a YA Romance in the aspect that you get a mystery as well. I think that it also did a pretty good job of detailing Teen issues.


Tess Oliver definitely has a new fan in me!

No comments:

Post a Comment