Date Published: July 8th, 2026
Publisher: Acorn Publishing
In A Round of Golf with Jesus, Miller invites readers to walk nine holes beside him and Christ, exploring how simple shifts, on the course and in the heart, can lead to transformation. With gentle humor, Miller shares personal stories, devotional insights, and practical teachings to remind us we can find fulfillment when we let go of perfection.
If we trust God’s guidance and focus on being present, golf and life become far more rewarding.
Can you tell us a little about
the process of getting this book published?
How did you come up with the idea and how did you start?
I had several things happen over
the course of a month and a half that led me to the idea. I’ve been teaching golf for thirty-three
years and always thought that I could write a good book on golf, but why? There are hundreds of books out there and
many of them are very good. The things
that happened over that month and a half gave me the idea to write a book on
golf with a spiritual side and I started to get excited to do it. I purchased Sarah Young’s book Jesus
Calling and did the daily devotionals regularly. I started getting ideas on how to start the
book, the layout for the book and the title- a Round of Golf with Jesus.
What surprised you most about
getting your book published?
I was surprised at how hard it
was to find an editor and a publisher and I was also surprised at how expensive
it was.
Tell us a little about what you
do when you are not writing.
I’m seventy four years old and
still give golf lessons pretty full time.
I have an e-bike that I ride a lot, I play golf and pickleball and
tennis and I ride my motorcycle.
As a published author, what would
you say was the most pivotal point of you writing life?
I came very close to dropping the
project. The first editor at Acorn was
very hard on it. The new editor kept me
moving forward, thankfully.
Where do you get your best ideas
and why do you think that is?
I gave my life to Jesus when I
was twenty-eight years old. He has been
guiding me to one adventure after another ever since. The ideas for this book came from Him. I honestly believe that he, not only, wanted
me to write this book but that he wanted to write it with me.
What is the toughest criticism
given to you as an author?
The first editor at Acorn
Publishing ripped the manuscript to shreds.
He literally told me to throw it in the trash can and start over and let
him know when I had rewritten it. He
didn’t off to help in the rewriting.
Luckily Acorn found another editor for me. She was wonderful and helped me polish the
book beautifully.
What has been your best
accomplishment as a writer?
This is the only book that I have
written. It came together wonderfully
once I found Acorn
as my editor and Publisher. I am very proud of the finished product.
How many unpublished and
half-finished books do you have?
None
About the Author
George Miller is a PGA teaching professional and lifelong athlete with over thirty years of coaching and instructional experience. A Denver native, he played four years of collegiate golf at the University of Colorado Boulder before coaching both the boys' and girls' golf teams at Regis Jesuit High School. The girls’ teams earned three state championships under his guidance, and he received multiple Coach of the Year honors from The Denver Post. Known for his encouraging teaching style and deep love of the game, George has helped countless players connect with the joy and simplicity of golf. In his debut book, A Round of Golf with Jesus, he offers heartfelt reflections on sport, faith, and the quiet ways in which God meets us on the course and in life. Of all his golf partners, his favorite is his son, with whom he shares many of his most meaningful rounds.
Contact Links
Purchase Links


0 Comments