Blog Tour: Winning the Wrong Game by Josh Wintermute #interview #christian #nonfiction #rabtbooktours

 



When the Life You’ve Built Still Isn’t Enough and How to Restore What Actually Matters

 

Christian Living / Religion / Nonfiction

Date Published: August 4, 2026

Publisher: Lucid Books Publishing

 


You’ve worked hard, built a good life, and achieved what you set out to accomplish. So why does something still feel off?

On the surface, everything looks right. But underneath, something is beginning to crack—and no amount of success, performance, or achievement seems to fix it.

Josh Wintermute knows that feeling well. After walking through physical, mental, financial, and spiritual struggles, he came to a life-changing realization: the problem wasn’t just the circumstances—it was the foundation.

In this honest and practical book, Josh walks you through the three foundational areas every life is built on—your heart, your home, and your culture. He helps you uncover what’s broken beneath the surface, do the hard work of restoration, and rebuild on what truly matters.

You are not as stuck as you think.
You are not as alone as you feel.
And you are going to make it.




Interview


What was your main drive to write this book?

I wanted to create a resource for readers who are building an amazing life but still feel like something is off below the surface. I wanted something tangible and practical to put in peoples hands to help them build their life on a solid foundation.

 

What do you hope readers will learn by reading this book?

I hope readers will see their life through a different lens and realize they are not as broken as they think they are, as lost as they feel, or as lonely as they may find themselves in during this time of their lives.

 

Did you do much research when planning this book? 

Yes, I spent a good amount of time studying the bible for reference as well as studying tools to help the reader pause to look at the life they are building and focus on the things that matter like, their heart, home, and culture.

 

Did you have any main people who helped you in the process of this book or influenced you to write it?  

My family and friends saw this book in me before I saw it in myself. I never thought I could be an author and ran from the idea but, time and time again I would hear my wife and my friends say “you really should write a book”. Then one day I connected with a friend of a friend who is a book writing coach and editor. We had lunch and I told him I felt I might have some ideas for a book and he listened and offered to help me write, I hired him and we went chapter by chapter working through the material and writing and rewriting until it was finished.

 

How long did this book take you to write from initial thought to hitting publish? 

It took me over a year to write and another 6 months to get it published.

 

Do you have plans to write more about this topic or new topics?

Yes, I am working on a video course, events, and follow up resources on the topics I cover in my book. 


 


About the Author


Author Josh Wintermute is a life builder and founder of Quiet Winters, helping leaders build their lives on a solid foundation. With over 20 years of pastoral ministry, Josh has walked with hundreds of people through life’s ups and downs and has a deep desire to see people heal and grow through the challenges we face in life. Josh has been married for over 25 years, has three sons, and lives in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

 

Contact Links

Website

Instagram: @joshwintermute @quiet_winters


Purchase Links

Amazon

Barnes and Noble


RABT Book Tours & PR

Post a Comment

0 Comments